Charging scale- What's your preference?

I bought a TIF 9010A slim charging scale last year after my Dad snaked my yellow Jacket. I liked ok it until it just recently gave me absolutely insane readings. Changed the battery..no change.I was lost! I feel naked without my charging scale, and if you saw my 3 bill physique, you would want to help me find a good charging scale so asa to not feel naked. Any opinions? I am drawn to the accu(blue vac) scale with the solenoid valve attached. The thought of dialing in a charge and doing something else sounds really efficient. I know yellow jacket sells an add on solenoid for their scales, which I could steal back from my Dad, but the spec sheets seem to indicate that these solenoids need 120-240vAC to operate. Sure seems like a 9V battery would do the trick in a little solenoid valve. Can anyone confirm or deny the 9V battery operation on one of these things? The Fieldpiece wireless scale seems useless to me. It doesn't sound much better than walking away with your vaves open. I think I would forget either way.Anyone used it and found it worthwhile?

As an aside, I bought the scale at Johnstone Supply. They took it under warranty and are sending it to TIF. Any guess when it will show up again?

I have the Fieldpiece SRS2C Wireless Refrigerant Scale, and I really like it! I didn't really see the need for wireless, but my contractor bought it for me and I have loved it since. It is nice not having a cork to get all tangled up. I have had it for over a year and have had no problems with it. Just my .02!

Jon Bennett
    River City Pressure Cleaning
    Maize, KS
    www.rivercitypressurecleaning.com

[QUOTE=3G Mechanical;16467401]I have the Fieldpiece SRS2C Wireless Refrigerant Scale, and I really like it! I didn't really see the need for wireless, but my contractor bought it for me and I have loved it since. It is nice not having a cork to get all tangled up. I have had it for over a year and have had no problems with it. Just my .02!

Jon Bennett
    Maize, KS

Quote Originally Posted by 3G Mechanical View Post
    I have the Fieldpiece SRS2C Wireless Refrigerant Scale, and I really like it! I didn't really see the need for wireless, but my contractor bought it for me and I have loved it since. It is nice not having a cork to get all tangled up. I have had it for over a year and have had no problems with it. Just my .02!

Jon Bennett
    Maize, KS
    got that same one...love it

I'm in the market for a new one also...love to hear some comments.

---------------------------------
    There are people who live and learn, while others are just livin'. Don't be the latter.

I have a TIF 9010A and love it.