Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Okay, I should probably re-phrase. We mail any paper documents if the customer requests it (most just want an e-mailed PDF).

By all digital I meant we keep all our information in an digital PDF format. The service tag is now on my iPad, I fill it out, the customer signs it, they pay it, I upload it to our company's servers. If someone in the company needs the information, they access the servers. If a hard copy is needed, it gets printed out. But we don't keep any paper documents filed away in storage, it's all on the cloud server.

Just bought a Lenovo S230U Thinkpad Twist. Still getting the groove of it but so far I love it.
    Going to use it for any/all document storage and load calculations.
    Also going to eventually build a presentation for customers thus the Twistpad.

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    Just bought a Lenovo S230U Thinkpad Twist. Still getting the groove of it but so far I love it.
    Going to use it for any/all document storage and load calculations.
    Also going to eventually build a presentation for customers thus the Twistpad.
    Let me know how you like it as i am going to make a decision in 1-2 weeks and then order whatever i feel will help me the most, From everyone's personal experiences. thanks for everyone's input on this. Gary

ChillyChili Guest
    I myself recently bought an ASUS Google Nexus 7 tablet to use for business. I was going to go with an Ipad (or mini) as I do love Apple and my Iphone, but after doing some research on different tablets the Google Nexus was significantly cheaper. The Ipad mini was around $320 I believe while the Nexus was only $200 for an 8GB. I think it is only $50 extra for the 16GB if you really want the space, but you can always just use a document sharing app to keep stuff stored in the cloud. The Nexus also had a better processor than the Ipad mini and it had glowing reviews.

All in all, I am very happy with the purchase (going on approximately 2 months). I use Dropbox for storing my documents and Rectangle Ware-Ever Pay for taking credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyChili View Post
    I myself recently bought an ASUS Google Nexus 7 tablet to use for business. I was going to go with an Ipad (or mini) as I do love Apple and my Iphone, but after doing some research on different tablets the Google Nexus was significantly cheaper. The Ipad mini was around $320 I believe while the Nexus was only $200 for an 8GB. I think it is only $50 extra for the 16GB if you really want the space, but you can always just use a document sharing app to keep stuff stored in the cloud. The Nexus also had a better processor than the Ipad mini and it had glowing reviews.

All in all, I am very happy with the purchase (going on approximately 2 months). I use Dropbox for storing my documents and Rectangle Ware-Ever Pay for taking credit cards.
    Yeah after reading your post i looked it up and ordered a ASUS Google Nexus 7 tablet 32gb. A case with Bluetooth keyboard, i will see how it works, and how i like it, and it works with my paypal card reader. Plus i can still use my iphone as a hotspot for it. Payed $260 radioshack, and the keyboard and case new off ebay $33.00

ChillyChili Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    Yeah after reading your post i looked it up and ordered a ASUS Google Nexus 7 tablet 32gb. A case with Bluetooth keyboard, i will see how it works, and how i like it, and it works with my paypal card reader. Plus i can still use my iphone as a hotspot for it. Payed $260 radioshack, and the keyboard and case new off ebay $33.00
    Nice! Please let me know how it goes. As for your PayPal reader how are you liking it? I have heard mixed reviews.

Nice! Please let me know how it goes. As for your PayPal reader how are you liking it? I have heard mixed reviews.
    Te paypal reader works good, can accept all credit cards, and the money go's instantly in to your paypal business acct seconds after the swipe, which then you can transfer to your main buisness acct or use the paypal debit card. (it works with all apple products, and the newer android's)

ChillyChili Guest
    Yah I when I use Rectangle I don't need to transfer from paypal or 3rd service or anything, it just goes direct to my bank account.

Yah I when I use Rectangle I don't need to transfer from paypal or 3rd service or anything, it just goes direct to my bank account.
    That sounds better and i will look into it, plus there are limits on monthly transfers with paypal, no matter what you have in the acct, you can only transfer so much. (and its not much like $2500, not sure exact amount would have to look it up) Its just what i started with.

ChillyChili Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    That sounds better and i will look into it, plus there are limits on monthly transfers with paypal, no matter what you have in the acct, you can only transfer so much. (and its not much like $2500, not sure exact amount would have to look it up) Its just what i started with.
    Sounds good let me know how it turns out. Yeah it's pretty great not having to worry about a limit.

We use Ipad's with information on one of our suppliers. It has everything on it from customize your own system, financing and high efficiency recommendations. I also want to start using the HVAC Flat Rate app.

Found out, yes i can use my iphone as a hotspot for the nexus 7, but no i cannot use my paypal here card reader with it. i can still use it through my iphone though.

ChillyChili Guest
    I use my Rectangle Reader on both my tablet and iphone. Works like a dream.