Sun problem with new testo 557's

Second time using, and today while during an install, everything was fine (sunny 80 degrees) vaced system, and was doing the wiring inside and out. Everything done, released the charge in condenser, then start it up. Then my gauges go not quite blank, but just ink splotches, kinda like you stepped on your phone and broke the lcd screen. Every number imaginable showing, but with a big blotch of black over everything. Figured they were broke, so i put them in the truck and hooked up my sman3's. After job was done, loaded truck (1 hour later tried the testo's again and everything was good. Anyone have this problem? Had to be the sun i figure. But my sman's have never done this.

I know you did but I have to ask, How are the batteries?

they were already installed and did not notice a low battery icon, but maybe they are low, if this kit set for awhile at johnstone before i got it. (i will check in morning, thanks!)

Sun vs LCD. My meters do the same thing if I don't flip them face down when I walk away...

just checked them (it was bugging me) battery is at full bars. Temp probs are spot on, but the micron gauge during vacuum, i cannot get to show up, tried all settings im at a lose! (could be me on the micron gauge, but that messed up screen was not) johnstons has 30 day in house warranty, just want to know if anyone has had the same problem before i take that route, incase its sokmeting im doing wrong. Thanks Gary

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    Sun vs LCD. My meters do the same thing if I don't flip them face down when I walk away...
    Thats what i figured, just my smans have never had that issue

I think the micron gauge only shows up under a vacuum. I have never tried mine. But wait does the Sman3 have the micron gauge? I know my 4 does but don't know about the 3.

Yes the sman3 does and it works good, so does the testo's just cant seem to get them to work, and ended up hooking up a sep micron guage

one thing I do when My lcd acts up is place a cool damp cloth and put them in shade of take it into a WIC ot Freezer for a minute to cool them down.
    hope this helps. cant help with the micron as I have a Digi Cool AK900 and bluevac micron Gauge.
    P.S. no issues so far with either of the tools I have
    . the issue with lcd was on meters. Even my flukes in Arizona heat

Quote Originally Posted by N2fords View Post
    one thing I do when My lcd acts up is place a cool damp cloth and put them in shade of take it into a WIC ot Freezer for a minute to cool them down.
    hope this helps. cant help with the micron as I have a Digi Cool AK900 and bluevac micron Gauge.
    P.S. no issues so far with either of the tools I have
    . the issue with lcd was on meters. Even my flukes in Arizona heat
    Thanks im going to try and hide them from the sun (it was just the sun), as i just got in from the garage, playing with sman3's my 557's and robinair thermo vac gauge, and vacuum pump. everything worked perfect except the micron gauge on testo's, i guess i will use my sep micron gauge with them as i do like the pipe clamps accuracy (no calibration) better as they are so far always spot on

On the testo557, the micron gauge is a feature you have to turn on, through the set command.
    Advice is always free, but keep in mind free does not mean it's always right.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    Sun vs LCD. My meters do the same thing if I don't flip them face down when IO walk away...
    Yessir same here. My fluke 116 does the same thing