Thread: Mystery Board

Mystery Board

I just bought a condo with a 1999 Goodman 2-ton heat pump. The air handler is model AW24-05C. In the closet with the air handler, there is a small auxiliary circuit board mounted on the shelf supporting the air handler. There are 4 wires attached to the board, which look like thermostat wires. The board has 2 glass tube-shaped components, 2 SCR-type components, and a few resistors. Does anybody have any idea what this is, and what it does? Thanks for your help.

Google Accustat, sounds like what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by btucker62 View Post
    I just bought a condo with a 1999 Goodman 2-ton heat pump. The air handler is model AW24-05C. In the closet with the air handler, there is a small auxiliary circuit board mounted on the shelf supporting the air handler. There are 4 wires attached to the board, which look like thermostat wires. The board has 2 glass tube-shaped components, 2 SCR-type components, and a few resistors. Does anybody have any idea what this is, and what it does? Thanks for your help.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckg222 View Post
    Google Accustat, sounds like what you have.
    Thank you Chuckg222! The Accustat LIM-AH11 is exactly what I have. Apparently it's a thermostat limiting device to keep vacation rental tenants from abusing the A/C.