Post Likes

sman3 vacuum gauge

Is anyone else having issues with theirs? When i am pulling a vac and it gets under 500 microns i go to close the valve on the gauges and microns go up like there's a leak.They hold nitro pressure of +200 for as long as i want it to.So is there anyone having this problem? and are we loosing vac or is it just messed up sensor/gauge reading?

Thank You

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFloAnt View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with theirs? When i am pulling a vac and it gets under 500 microns i go to close the valve on the gauges and microns go up like there's a leak.They hold nitro pressure of +200 for as long as i want it to.So is there anyone having this problem? and are we loosing vac or is it just messed up sensor/gauge reading?

Thank You
    SoFloAnt,

Give me a call at Fieldpiece. I can walk you through the set up for vacuum to determine if you manifold is leaking or something else is going on. 714 634 1844. Thanks!

Russ

Post Likes
    What are you using for a vacuum setup? If you are pulling through manifold with hoses, there are a lot of potential leak points, not to mention the possibility of the hoses permeating.

It most likely not a problem with the gauge.

Post Likes
    RSES just recently had an article in their journal about pressure testing holding but smaller leaks showing up when put in a vacuum. Like chuckcrj suggested, make sure your hoses aren't the source, then find that leak.

Post Likes
    The SMAN3's not great for vacuuming. I use to experience the same issue. I asked the Fieldpiece booth at the last IHACI convention what was up, and he suggested using a ball valve hose to isolate the yellow or vacuum hose. I simple use core removers on both liquid and suction valves straight to a vacuum pump, with a separate vacuum gauge off of the suction side core remover outlet so I can isolate the system in a vacuum by closing both core removers and still monitor microns.