any Clamp Meter suggestion? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caddy View Post
    I don't think any clamp meter gets a high ohm range. That's why I have the 179 and 87 for.
    UEI and Fieldpiece have several models that do, why not fluke? That is one thing that irritated me about the 902. My toolbag gets heavy enough, there is absolutely no reason to carry multiple meters.

The only meter that will work with the Fieldpiece HG3 is the SC57.

I currently use the FP SC57 and Fluke 902. The 902 is great except for resistance. It only reads up to 9,999 ohms which is useless on a majority of transducers, EEV's, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    The only meter that will work with the Fieldpiece HG3 is the SC57.

I currently use the FP SC57 and Fluke 902. The 902 is great except for resistance. It only reads up to 9,999 ohms which is useless on a majority of transducers, EEV's, etc.
    The SC57 also only reads up to 9,999 ohms, so it's equally useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    The SC57 also only reads up to 9,999 ohms, so it's equally useless to me.
    Medic, You're right.

I only use the SC57 for the wireless amp draw feature with the HG3.

The 902 doesn't have a separate continuity and resiatance setting. Unless i was using it improperly. I have other clamp meter hat have great resistance rating and I own many different brands and models. I have the ame models as u.

Quote Originally Posted by caddy View Post
    I don't think any clamp meter gets a high ohm range. That's why I have the 179 and 87 for.

Fluke 2300 is a pretty usefull all in one clamp!

I'm sure you've already got your meter, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents. I picked up an amprobe ACD-21SWC, I like the swivel head but that's about all. It's inaccurate and now very undependable. I'm now researching for a new one. It's only a year old.
    Last edited by mlock; 06-17-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: more info

http://fieldpiece.com/clamp-meters/s...resandbenefits

Has every feature your avg. tech would need in a DMM/ clamp meter. 40KOhms, true RMS, in-rush amps, non-contact voltage, temp, microamps, capacitance, millivolts DC, etc.

The slim profile and case makes it great to stick into your bag. It's about the size of a hoagie (sub sandwich). Clamp head swivels. One hand operation. Blue backlighting is great. The ONE complaint I have is no factory magnetic strap hanger. However, in most cases, I've found I can hang it by the clamp and rotate the head so I can view it. BTW, when you open the clamp, it activates an LED flashlight so you can see what you're clamping. Comes with shorty alligator clips and temp. TC that plugs right into the unit without some cumbersome head. Great space saver but this meter performs. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    http://fieldpiece.com/clamp-meters/s...resandbenefits

Has every feature your avg. tech would need in a DMM/ clamp meter. 40KOhms, true RMS, in-rush amps, non-contact voltage, temp, microamps, capacitance, millivolts DC, etc.

The slim profile and case makes it great to stick into your bag. It's about the size of a hoagie (sub sandwich). Clamp head swivels. One hand operation. Blue backlighting is great. The ONE complaint I have is no factory magnetic strap hanger. However, in most cases, I've found I can hang it by the clamp and rotate the head so I can view it. BTW, when you open the clamp, it activates an LED flashlight so you can see what you're clamping. Comes with shorty alligator clips and temp. TC that plugs right into the unit without some cumbersome head. Great space saver but this meter performs. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.
    I think you mean the SC56

Quote Originally Posted by mlock View Post
    I'm sure you've already got your meter, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents. I picked up an amprobe ACD-21SWC, I like the swivel head but that's about all. It's inaccurate and now very undependable. I'm now researching for a new one. It's only a year old.
    How inaccurate is it? How did you find out it was not reading properly?

I think Amprobe is a part of fluke. I sent a question to them and the response came from a fluke email address. I questioned them on this and the next email came from Amprobe! LOL

Maybe I should have said inconsistent. I get an amp reading if I clamp it around my finger, and when reading amp draw it dances around wildly (large discrepancy). When reading voltage, the reading just keeps dropping, I know the voltage isn't dropping. I knew I had a problem early this spring when I compared the amp reading to another meter(UEI), then a second(craftsman elcheepo).

Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    I think you mean the SC56
    Oops! I've got the meter and gave the wrong reference! Doh!

Pretty sure Amp Probe was one of the first, then I think Sperry. Then everything else. I think Fluke bought Amp Probe quite a bit later. I could very well be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    How inaccurate is it? How did you find out it was not reading properly?

I think Amprobe is a part of fluke. I sent a question to them and the response came from a fluke email address. I questioned them on this and the next email came from Amprobe! LOL