Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

any Clamp Meter suggestion?

I am currently using the Hioki clamp meter, which is pretty good for the size, but one thing it lacks is the function to measure Capacitance. Does anyone know for the price of arond $50-$70, what are some clamp meters u recommend, that can also measure capacitance

Field piece. $100
    The cheaper obes are a crap shoot
    Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

I think you are talking in the 100 t0 135 range to get anythin that is good. I am happy with the UEI clamp, and yes it does mfd as well as temp, and all the regular stuff. It also has a great magnet holder thingie on the back of it now I can get by with just 2 hands.

I'm a Fluke guy but love my amprobe clamp meters. The Nav series. You will not be disappointed at all.

UEI dl379, you can pick one up off eBay for 50-70$ if you're so inclined. It's a good, accurate low cost meter

Price of any intrument that is taking electrical readinds is of great concern to me. I do not want a low price DMM or Clampl meter that migth not be giving accurate readids. It only takes one mistake and you life is over or basically ruined. I've tried other brands but stick with fluke made DMM that are make in the USA because they still offer a lifetime warranty unlike their chineses made meter. As for Clamp probles i've been checking differnet brands and Amproble is a very well made product and the company was started by preious Fluke engineers that defected.

Again, Is your life worth buying a inexpensive DMM or Clamp meter to save a few buck and possibly have it give a false reading. Another one of my coworkers bought some POS meter off ebay and we tested it on a 3 phase RTU unit just checking voltage at the disconnect. His red meter read 0 Volts My fluke 87 was reading 240 between each leg. i tild him to **** can it but he discided to keep it for using other reads i told him he better be real careful and he is crazy for potentially putting other lives at rise if somone else tries using his dmm. beware!!

I bought a cheapie off ebay for about $8, new. I use it at the house. Piece of cr*p, but it does volts ohms & amps. If I ned a good reading I get the UEI off of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Price of any intrument that is taking electrical readinds is of great concern to me. I do not want a low price DMM or Clampl meter that migth not be giving accurate readids. It only takes one mistake and you life is over or basically ruined. I've tried other brands but stick with fluke made DMM that are make in the USA because they still offer a lifetime warranty unlike their chineses made meter. As for Clamp probles i've been checking differnet brands and Amproble is a very well made product and the company was started by preious Fluke engineers that defected.

Again, Is your life worth buying a inexpensive DMM or Clamp meter to save a few buck and possibly have it give a false reading. Another one of my coworkers bought some POS meter off ebay and we tested it on a 3 phase RTU unit just checking voltage at the disconnect. His red meter read 0 Volts My fluke 87 was reading 240 between each leg. i tild him to **** can it but he discided to keep it for using other reads i told him he better be real careful and he is crazy for potentially putting other lives at rise if somone else tries using his dmm. beware!!

UEI is not a piece of crap, its a reliable reasonably priced meter, I have 2 dl379s a fluke 902 and a fphs36. They are all just as accurate and reliable as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    UEI is not a piece of crap, its a reliable reasonably priced meter, I have 2 dl379s a fluke 902 and a fphs36. They are all just as accurate and reliable as the others.
    I have 2 UEI's and love them. Love the magnet on the newest one. What I bought on Ebay was NOT UEI.
    Sorry if I caused confusion.

I have a uei and fieldpeice and I grab the uei first because of the autorange that my fieldpeice doesn't have.

I just bought the Fieldpiece sc56. Awesome meter. Plus their customer service is great. I got it for under 2 bills.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I use the uei Phoenix and it works great. U can check the microfarads of capacitors on it as well.

I use UEI, and have for years. The DL379, is the one in my Veto Meter bag. I have a brand new FP that is in the truck. I dig it out occasionally, but it doesn't fit in the Veto, so I continue to use the UEI. I also carry an older UEI analog meter in my veto, along with a "wiggy", a couple of jumpers, and an 11in one Klein driver. Great trouble shooting gear. An analog is more accurate for me, and will show momentary voltage loss and drops that a digital won't.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........