Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotlight View Post
    transformer issue. Did call the utility. After I pulled the meter at a house a few doors down and got the same readings. Maintenance kept saying it was that the tenant was using cheap light bulbs lol You think the neighboorhood would of noticed problems and some one would of called.?
    Did you pull the meter out of the box and test voltage and then call the utility and tell them you did that? I have pulled the meter befor but I did not advertise that I did it.Isnt that considered their property and a no no to touch it?

[QUOTE=Core_d;15320191]Did you pull the meter out of the box and test voltage and then call the utility and tell them you did that? I have pulled the meter befor but I did not advertise that I did it.Isnt that considered their property and a no no to touch it?[/QUOT

Yes I did that after tests with 3 different meters showed the same. when measuring in the panel I am allowed being an licensed electrical contractor in the county. When I do this, They require that I call in let them know and state the reason why it was done. If not the cusomer can and will get hit with a pretty steep tampering charge. I did Inform the faultsmen that I did this. He was cool.He was just happy that he was dealing with some one that knew what was going on. Around here they get tons of calls about bs

I'm glad it was resolved.

We can pull meters here, as well. They want a call, since we have communicating meters.

The voltage should be very standard to overcome such kind of issues.Utility companies take extra care of there customers and provide good after sale services.Its good to contact with companies to avoid any further complications.

It made me lookat the utility inamuch better light. I was expecting them to take hours if not days to get out.Not be there b4 I finshed my dip